IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason our website and some of our third-party providers may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive allowing websites to recognise one user from another. Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive if you want to. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but your web browswer can be altered so as to prevent acceptance.
At no point will your data be captured and sold to third parties without your consent.
Cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
- Google Analytics – this enables us to track our website traffic
- Again, our advertisers may deploy their own cookies
Links to other websites
All our websites may contain liks to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we don’t have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our Website there may be present a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purchases, you may change your mind at any time by using the Unsubscribe link found in all our marketing newsletters; alternatively send an email to email@example.com expressing your desire to leave our mailing list.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permision or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about under the Data Protection Action 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Waltons Publications, 12-14 Hainton Avenue, Grimsby, Lincolnshire, DN32 9BB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.